Spin-Off Summer 2020
Uncover the long thread of spinning with Spin Off Summer 2020, the Handspun Histories Issue. Connect to cotton’s deep roots in the American Southwest. Share in a handspinner’s passion for antique spinning wheels. Learn why the United States suffered from Merino mania in the nineteenth century. Plus, get to know Karakul, a multicoated heritage sheep breed that’s a must-spin for rug weavers.
- Follow along as Stephenie Gaustad lovingly repairs Alden Amos’ handspun, handwoven shirt, thread by thread.
- Investigate the reddish and golden locks of three sheep breeds, the gingers of the fiber world.
- Learn more about weaving with hemp singles, an often overlooked bast fiber.
- Make a customized sweater that fits your shape with Josefin Waltin.
- Plus, find four projects to knit and weave.