Exploring Woven Fabrics
Exploring Woven Fabrics by Janet Phillips is for beginner and intermediate weavers. It teaches how to construct and weave multiple-sectioned sample blankets exploring Color and Weave Techniques on four and eight shafts, as well as combining weaves together into Block Weaves. There are seven multiple-sectioned sample blankets to weave:
- Four-shaft Color and Weave Effect
- Four-shaft Log Cabin Four-shaft Shadow Weave and Repp
- Block Weaves including Double Cloth and Summer and Winter
- Eight-shaft Stitched Double Cloth
- Eight-shaft Bold Color and Weave/Deflected Double Cloth
- Eight-shaft Shadow Weave and Repp
Included are detailed design decisions and principles for weaving 40 original fabrics created from exploring these seven sample blankets further. There are 12 four-shaft designs and 28 eight-shaft designs.
Exploring Woven Fabrics is a sequel to Janet’s other book Designing Woven Fabrics.
Hardback; 224 pages; 2020
When ordered by itself, we will ship this book media mail.